Spring has sprung, which means that temperatures will be rising soon. Keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water and snacking on these nutritious, water-heavy foods.
- Cucumbers: Fresh cucumbers contain 95% water and have anti-inflammatory properties. Research also shows that they can prevent signs of wrinkles and aging.
- Celery: This crunchy vegetable is also 95% water. It is low in calories but high in vitamin K, folate and potassium.
- Iceberg lettuce: This lettuce makes a great base for a summer salad since it has a high water content (95%)!
- Zucchini: Fresh zucchini has a high water content and is packed with antioxidants, including beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin — which are great for eye health.
- Watermelon: Of course WATERmelon is full of water - 91% to be exact. This fruit can help protect your cells from sun damage and improve your complexion.
- Strawberries: Aside from being a tasty treat, strawberries are full of water and has compounds that can improve cognitive function.
- Cauliflower: This veggie is actually 92% water. It’s rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and other key nutrients. It can also help lower cholesterol and lower your risk of cancer.